PDA

View Full Version : Window Type Marks

ford347
2007-10-19, 01:41 PM
I have always had random type marks assigned to my window types, i.e. xxx, sss, yyy, or whatever. Then when I am ready to clean up my schedules, I just go from top to bottom and give them a-z. Problem is I always have duplicate type mark values because there are other windows in my project that are not being used that have the same type mark. It hasn't really been a problem, but is definitly annoying. So I decided I'd clean it up a bit. This isn't as easy as it sounds. I didn't want to place an instance of every type of family that I had in my project, so I went to the family drop down list and went to the properties box for one of the window families. I then navigated through each type, deleting the type mark and hit apply for each type mark that I deleted. Then changed to the next family in the same dialog box and repeated the same process for each family type for every family, making sure to hit apply after deleting the type mark for each type. .......This doesn't work. They majically re-appear after you're done. It seems odd that there really is no real family management on the bulk level for your families in Revit. You can do this through a schedule, but only if it is placed somewhere in the project if I understand it correctly.
Does anyone have suggestion on how to manage things like this between your families? It's not realistic to assign a family type when building the family. Especially since you create a lot of other types within the project. I like to keep my nomenclature simple as well, that's why I use a-z instead of something that involves something specific for each family. this way my tags stay clean on the plan etc.

I know there is a third party product out there..."conent highway', things like that. Would any of you suggest managing famlies with something like that?