PDA

View Full Version : Schedules: Can you add calculated parameters to totals?

jeff.95551
2007-10-19, 05:17 PM
I think the answer is no, but I've seen the question a number of times and a lot of really smart people have tried, so maybe.

Anyway, to be specific, I'm trying to get the schedule to allow me to do calcs on the totals. For a unit mix schedule on an apartment project, I'd like to be able to get the average unit size. There is no way that I understand to get that without performing a calculation on the Total line. My typical schedule lists each unit type and a count and a square footage....

Thanks

Scott Womack
2007-10-19, 06:24 PM
No you can't. It is on the list of wishes. Many of us would like to be able to capture a total, and then add it to other column(s)calcaulated fields in the schedule:mrgreen:

cphubb
2007-10-21, 03:45 AM
The work around is to add a new field to the schedule that contains the total calculated by two other cells. Total that colum at the end and you will have your totals. Not as good as the wishlist item but functional.

jeff.95551
2007-11-14, 11:45 PM
The work around is to add a new field to the schedule that contains the total calculated by two other cells. Total that colum at the end and you will have your totals. Not as good as the wishlist item but functional.

That works for some schedules, but if you're trying to do an 'average' the only way to do it is to manipulate the totals. We do calculated cells all the time and love them - it's just time to take it to the next level...

Jeff