PDA

View Full Version : wall junctions

Paul2503
2007-10-23, 09:09 AM
Does anyone have any tips for getting walls to join correctly. Especially when there is a small step in a wall.

I also have problems joining wall which are not part of the same group....for instance in a block of appartments i have the internal walls of each appartment in a group...this means that there are internal wall joining external walls which are not part of that group. Anyone have any experience of this?

Regards

Paul

phyllisr
2007-10-24, 03:18 AM
Mr. Montgomery, you have asked a question for which there are as many different tips, tecchniques and methods to make this work as there are AUGI members using Revit. I would be happy to take a look at the project where you are having problems and try to give you a few focused tips. Unfortunately, a great deal depends on the specific circumstances and the way the wall families were created and the size of the corners and and how you created the groups and different conditions where the walls in the group intersect the exterior and more.

Would you mind posting your file (purged of as much as possible to keep it small)?

Thanks.

Paul2503
2007-10-24, 08:03 AM
Here is an example of one of the problems i keep having...

Paul2503
2007-10-24, 08:42 AM
This is the juction as i want it to look..

Paul2503
2007-10-26, 10:03 AM
when walls are grouped and copied on several floors of a building should each instance not update automatically when the group is edited?! Some of my wall junctions vary from floor to floor...

each level is identical so i can't understand why this happens!

Cheers

Paul

sjsl
2007-10-26, 03:22 PM
Can you please change the text on your posts. It really sucks and can't be read worth a damn.

Paul2503
2007-10-27, 01:20 PM
Can you please change the text on your posts. It really sucks and can't be read worth a damn.

What do you mean?

dhurtubise
2007-10-27, 05:47 PM
Text is ok here. Must be an issue on your side sjsl

cdatechguy
2007-10-29, 03:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing.....looks fine to me....:?

ejc
2007-10-30, 01:56 PM
You could always "disallow" joins on the "ignored" wall.

I have also created walls that had a "substrate" core instead of a "structure" core. The exterior wall "structure" core is dominate over the "substrate" core wall (also known as the "little girly wall").

Also, beware the groups, it can lead to the darkside!!

ejc