PDA

View Full Version : Partial Scheduling

ricardo.o.maciel
2007-10-24, 09:08 PM
Is there a way to make a schedule for a portion of the building?
I have a whole set of existing items in the model, but at this time just a section is to be changed.

Thanks,
Ricardo

bbeck
2007-10-24, 10:23 PM
If your Project is phased in Revit, then your schedules in Revit can also be set to be phase specific. Look at the properties of your schedule and you should see the phase setting option.

ricardo.o.maciel
2007-10-25, 12:24 AM
I am using the last phase for the schedule, but i need not only the components built at that phase but the existing ones. And other parts of the building also have existing doors and windows.
And Revit won´t let me remove the undesired item from the schedule - it warns that the very component will be erased for ever...

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-25, 01:47 AM
Schedules rely on a field to provide information, filters do too. Add information to the comments field (as an example) for all the elements that do not belong in your schedule and then filter to exclude those items.

ricardo.o.maciel
2007-10-25, 01:52 AM
Thanks, Steve! I will inaugurate my use of filters.

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-25, 05:00 AM
Thanks, Steve! I will inaugurate my use of filters.Worth mentioning, if there are fewer items that you want IN the schedule than OUT you can use the same approach to identify what you want IN the schedule and filter to include only those. May be less work? Look at it from both sides.

dpasa
2007-10-25, 07:33 AM
I believe it is a nice add-on to the wishlist, to be able to create a schedule from a given selection set... For example, a large project where we want the door schedule from point A to point B, no comments added, no extra params, just select anything, filter the doors (or Revit does it automatically) and we get a schedule.
Of course this is not something very important, but a nice thing to have.

ricardo.o.maciel
2007-10-25, 02:28 PM
I used the Comments parameter as "Location" and everything worked wonderfully.:mrgreen:

I marked the location of all items since the same process will be followed later for the other parts of the building. Identifying only the items needed will probably be the best aproach for filtering criteria like selected subcategories and mixed categories.

Talking about wishes, it would be nice to be able to create "generic" parameters that applied to all types of selected categories at creation time, thus avoiding improvisation. My first use for this feature would be to include a Location parameter...

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-25, 02:37 PM
Now that you've described a bit more I might as well mention this too. Some elements like doors and windows for example are aware of the room they are part of. When you create a schedule you can also include data from the room. If you assigned a value to all your rooms, like Department, you can filter the schedule according to specific department values. In the schedule dialog there is a List Box titled "Select available fields from", choose the category and then the field(s) you want.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-25, 02:49 PM
Talking about wishes, it would be nice to be able to create "generic" parameters that applied to all types of selected categories at creation time, thus avoiding improvisation. My first use for this feature would be to include a Location parameter...

You can do this using Project Parameters. Goto Settings > Project Parameters. When you create a new paarameter Revit will ask you which object categories you would like that parameter to be available for. Just select all the categories that apply and the new parameter will appear in the properties for the objects.

Remember that these parameters are only available for shedules and won't be available in tags.

ricardo.o.maciel
2007-10-25, 03:19 PM
This is like being in a class, thank you both!