PDA

View Full Version : Wall layers

Wagurto
2007-10-24, 10:26 PM
I have a wall that have a cmu core with an exterior stucco layer and dryall and furring layer at the inside. I need to unlock the stucco layer and the drywall and furr. layer. in order to represent them correctly in the sections. The problem is that revit only let me unlock one layer and not the others. It said "extension layers at the base must be adjacent.
How can I unlock those layer. thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-25, 05:04 AM
As Revit says, you can't unlock layers in a wall assembly that are not adjacent to eachother. If the exterior finish needs to be shown correctly in elevation then the exterior layer should probably be the one to be unlocked.
You can then modify the interior finishese on the sections using the Edit Cut Profile tool or detail components.

dhurtubise
2007-10-25, 10:24 AM
Just remember that the Edit Cut Profile tool is view dependant

Wagurto
2007-10-25, 01:16 PM
Thanks guy for your answer but I can't solve my problem yet. My wall extends through the footing and It shows drywall and stucco on my foundations plan. Is there anyway to turn those layer off in that particular view? I tried to do to separate walls but it caused some other problems so I decided to use on wall only.
thanks

bclarch
2007-10-25, 01:55 PM
Put the exterior walls and the foundation walls in different worksets. Turn the workset with the exterior walls off in your foundation plan view.