PDA

View Full Version : Imported dwg hatches turn solid black

gmg
2007-10-25, 08:43 PM
Has anyone found out why certain AutoCAD hatches (that are not solid fill in the dwg file) import into Revit as a solid black fill? Sometimes I can get around it by changing the hatch scale in AutoCAD and reimporting it. Other times I have to explode the hatch and it appears correct in Revit. If anyone knows of a better solution please let me know.

jsnyder.68308
2007-10-26, 04:14 AM
Nope. I'd like to know too.

sbrown
2007-10-26, 12:54 PM
I think its due to acad patterns being drafting pats so they scale wrong in revit. You see people who early in revit use a drafting pattern for a surf pattern and it gets too dense. I would experiment with ltscale or something in cad to make it work.

SCShell
2007-10-26, 01:13 PM
Hey there,
You can also change the scale in Revit when creating it.
Good Luck
Steve

chodosh
2007-10-27, 06:54 PM
First, it sounds like a scale issue of the hatch in DWG. Second, I would check to make sure that none of the hatches from a previous import have the same name potentially when they import as filled regions and therefore are begin overriden to solid or a different pattern. For example, the same file imported by someone else who did a partial explode and grabbed all the filled regions with that name and changed the properties? Just a thought.
-LC

mysixstring
2010-02-24, 01:36 AM
Sorry to bring up an old post but...

I just discovered that you can avoid the whole Autocad hatches coming in as black solid fill by importing the dwg file at a custom scale much larger than the proper scale and then resizing the dwg down to the proper size after it has been imported. I have yet to find the down side of this method, there always is one, but as soon as I do I'll let you know.

sbrown
2010-02-24, 04:09 PM
Great tip!!! Its funny because you do the opposite to bring in large site models, I scale them down to get past the 2 mile limit, then scale them up again.