PDA

View Full Version : Title Blocks

jcoe
2004-08-16, 06:55 PM
I have created several title blocks at different sizes, however, when I load them into my template and plot, the linweights are too light. I used Revit default lineweights at first and then I made my own thicker linweights, but the result is the same. I have checked and double checked my lineweights and made sure everthing was on the linetype I want, but the plot does not change, even after reloading the family.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I am missing?

slb
2004-08-16, 07:32 PM
Check to see what the Linestyles for those line are within the Template itself (Settings > Line Styles).

If they are established in the template before the titleblocks are loaded, then the project settings override the settings and the titleblock settings are ignored.

The thickness, color, etc. can be established in Line Style dialog box in the template to correct this issue.

jcoe
2004-08-16, 08:55 PM
Steve,

I tried what you had suggested, but the results were the same. However, in re-visiting the line styles I realized that in my title block drawings there is an object style called "Title Blocks," which I believe is a Revit default, and under it is a series of line styles listed. In my actual template drawing I have the same lines styles but they are not categorized under "Title Blockes." Should this matter?

Scott_Bloss
2004-08-17, 11:31 AM
Jcoe,

Try changing the lineweight under object styles for the title block under the title block settings. This worked for me.
you can also add your own object style and add new line weights under the new object style. Hopefully this works for you.

Scott

jcoe
2004-08-17, 07:06 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the assist Scott. It worked great once I reloaded the titleblocks back into the template.