PDA

View Full Version : Linked file annotations

rfmtx
2007-10-26, 04:38 AM
I'm using the technique described below to display annotations from a linked Revit file in a floor plan view of my project. I want to display all of the annotations from the linked file in the floor plan view of my project. I can see the dimensions, text, door tags from the linked file, however, I cannot see the tags of sections, callouts, and elevations. Should I be able to see these, or are they not really annotations?

NOTE: If the linked model has annotations that you want to display in the project, the annotations must be in either a plan or RCP view in the linked model. You can then select the By Linked View or Custom option to select the view to display in the project.

rfmtx
2007-10-26, 07:42 PM
Has anyone used annotation from a linked file in the plotting view of the host file?

sbrown
2007-10-26, 07:55 PM
Yes, if you go to VV and click the revit links tab, then instead of by host, select by linked view and select a view that has the annotations you will see them and can plot them. We do this frequently for area plans. I recommend setting up special link views in your linked model with the info exactly how you want it in the host.

rfmtx
2007-10-26, 08:14 PM
Can you display section, elevation and callout tags from the linked file's plan view?

Calvn_Swing
2007-10-26, 11:10 PM
The view will show exactly as it is in the linked file. Exactly. So, if you've got those things visible in the view in the linked file, then yes!

rfmtx
2007-10-27, 01:16 AM
For whatever reason, my section, elevation, and callout tags do not display from the linked file view, however, everything else does. What could I be doing wrong?

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-27, 06:48 AM
I'm second guessing myself and I don't have Revit on this pc but I don't think that the linked file will show view annotation in the host regardless of settings. If it did, what if the information displayed in the annotation conflicted with views in the host file? I'm pretty sure it doesn't display view annotation for this reason. I'll have to double check in the morning.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-27, 07:59 AM
Text, dims, tags etc all show but not the view references. I agree with Steve as far as the reasoning goes. You have a view reference and nothing to actually refer to.

chodosh
2007-10-27, 06:45 PM
Correct, "System" or "Project" annotations don't come across through VG since they are related only to data within the active project and cannot span the link.
-LC

pleasantc
2007-12-04, 11:04 PM
So what is the solution? Do you copy/paste elements from one file to the other? If two architectural offices are working on one project, and one office has the specific task of creating certain views, how does the other see and utilize those views?

Steve_Stafford
2007-12-21, 04:45 PM
This THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=72632) also discussed this issue.