PDA

View Full Version : Revit To Piranesi

BillyGrey
2004-08-16, 08:02 PM
Just a little diddy I was fiddling with today.

The house is on a super odd shaped lot. Depth of buildable
is only 24' at garage, hence, popped out kit. in front.

:)

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-16, 10:36 PM
Nice! I like it...

BillyGrey
2004-08-17, 03:32 PM
Thanks Steve:)

bclarch
2004-08-17, 03:45 PM
Nice rendering. I like the sketchy look. Is that your dream client standing in the entryway?

christie.landry
2004-08-17, 09:19 PM
Nice rendering. I like the sketchy look. Is that your dream client standing in the entryway?

I had to go back and look at the rendering again, I didn't see it the first time...

jesse.71694
2004-08-18, 02:59 AM
That's awesome! How do you do that??????

BillyGrey
2004-08-18, 03:33 AM
Yea Robert, I've always had a "thang" about pretty ephemeral posers in colorful sari's:)

hey Jesse,

I here's how I actually did this.... After trying numerous times to export a DXF directly from Revit, into Vedute (Piranesi's translator), and come up with a look I was happy with, I had to resort to importing a DWG into Sketch-Up to get that view with clear windows and soft shadows. Otherwise, everything was modeled in Revit. In SU, I removed one layer of the exported windows, (Revit exports(or SU imports) windows as dual pane!!!), Then I "painted" them with a clear material, this revealed all of the interior geometry modeled in Revit. This can be real dramatic for outside looking in shots. Then I set up the shot, and exported to Piranesi. In Piranesi, I added color/sky, and entourage. The painting technique relies on Piranesi's "soft painting technique", which is available on their website. The rest was just face time on the puter experimenting with Piranesi's stock brushes/textures/grains. I have a long way to go with NPR.

As it has been said before, if the factory could find the time someday to get "live" shadows into camera views, along with an epix export function, for some of us who adore NPR (see old school watercolor) we would be ever great full. I also don't think it would hurt one bit when companies where engaged in "weighting" the pros/cons of software selection on the decision making scale.

Cheers

BillyGrey
2004-08-18, 05:58 AM
Here's a little diffrent interpretation of the rear yard/lakeside.

rasoroc
2004-11-11, 04:58 AM
Just a little diddy I was fiddling with today.

The house is on a super odd shaped lot. Depth of buildable
is only 24' at garage, hence, popped out kit. in front.

:)

glad to see someone else using piranesi with revit billy, nice image.i had similar problems with vedute and had to channel through sketchup (another great tool) as well. i did speak with martin taurer a couple of weeks regarding a direct export to epx. here's hoping something can be done in the not too distant future.work's getting easier and much more fulfilling each day.