PDA

View Full Version : Demo graphics and the lack of a pline

ron.sanpedro
2007-10-28, 03:33 AM
So what are people doing to deal with Demo graphics and components that are made up of a bunch of short curves? A toilet for example? The stock toilet, even with 1/16" dashes in the DEMOLITION line style, will not display properly. All I can seem to get to work is a grossly simplified shape, which is a pretty lousy answer if you ask me.

It seems to me that Revit should be smart enough to handle the linetype properly when it crosses multiple line segments that are the same linetype. I think that is far superior to the Pline approach. Then again, on things like property lines I really do want the line style to start and end at the line ends. But a series of curves would continue the line style. Perhaps the Pline approach, where you can actually define in the object how linestyles are addressed, really is better? I know, it is a hard problem, but it seems the current answer is totally useless.

Just wondering what others are doing as a workaround.

Best,
Gordon

aaronrumple
2007-10-29, 05:25 PM
....use shorter dashes.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-29, 06:04 PM
I don't want to come across as a Revit apologist but...
how accurate does a toilet have to be in plan? I often find that many components are way too fussy in their graphic representations. The OOTB 2D toilet family describes the toilet bowl with 32 separate curved line segments plus 32 more segments for the masking region.
It's a stock toilet, change the bowl graphic to an ellipse and be done with it.

That said, I'd welcome the ability to join smaller line segments into a 'pline' for just the reason Gordon suggests.