PDA

View Full Version : Topo without contour lines

Chad Smith
2007-10-29, 05:35 AM
Something that has been bugging me for a long time now is how to turn a topo's contour lines off but not the topo itself so that Spot Elevations still display.

On our drawings we show the existing ground levels using contour lines and labels, and all new levels as Spot Elevations. This makes existing and new stand out.
So in Revit I would have a topo on the existing phase and set to demo on the current phase, and the contours are labeled. On the current phase I have a new topo which has Spot Elevations assigned to it. But I don't want the contour labels displayed on the new topo.

I know I could create a second view with just a topo and overlay it on the sheet, but I don't want to go that route as it's messy I would have to create a topo view for every drawing I wish to do this on due to Revit's limitation of 1 view per sheet.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

gbrowne
2007-10-29, 09:14 AM
What if you override the contour line colour in the view, make the lines white?

Chad Smith
2007-10-29, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it still doesn't help the fact that I need the contour lines for one topo in the view to be visible but not for the other. I was hoping some of the element override parameters would help, but they don't.

sbrown
2007-10-29, 12:55 PM
VV, Turn off primary and secondary contours.

Chad Smith
2007-10-29, 09:59 PM
That still turns the contour lines off for both topos in the view, which is not what I want. I just need it for one of them.

mruehr
2007-10-30, 04:50 AM
If I understand right you have 2 topos
why not link the existing topo so you have visibility control thru Revit links
if you link already,you could have a nested link set to 'By Linked View' this will give you different visibility control over each of the Topos