PDA

View Full Version : Mulled Window Units - Scheduling

gwnelson
2007-10-29, 12:38 PM
Is there a simple way (group?) to have mulled windows show up in the schedule as a unit? I have several DH pairs & then one pair with transoms added. I'd rather not have to make new families.

aggockel50321
2007-10-29, 01:56 PM
Short of placing them in a family, you could possibly add a text parameter that indicates they are part of a mulled unit.

As a work-around, you could make up a family for the mulled unit(s), with no geometry, containing the info you want to have appear in the schedule, and then filter out of the schedule, those windows that are part of the mulled set(s).

Even if you group them, they'll schedule as individual units.

gwnelson
2007-10-29, 02:26 PM
Thanks, Andrew

We've finally decided to take a project beyond modeling (then export to ACAD) & take this all the way through CD's. So I'm a newbie when it comes to some of these detailed issues.

jtobin.68416
2007-10-29, 03:41 PM
Hi,

There are some tutorials on Nested families and Shared Families in the family portion of the Help file. .

They describe the very situation you’re trying to create, a window that can be scheduled as a unit, and/or as individual units (if you go the shared family route).

Basically take your window unit and nest it into another window family to create the 'group'. Then it will schedule as a combo.

John Tobin