PDA

View Full Version : Reveal Linework Elements

hart
2007-10-29, 04:54 PM
We just finished a very fast moving DD package. The project team will need to go back through during the CD phase to update some shortcuts that may have been taken in order to get the project out the door. As with any project shortcuts happen. It would be nice to have a tool that would reveal the linework added, or even reveal the objects that may have been overridden by the Linework tool etc.

The new tool Reveal Hidden Elements that was added to 2008 by clicking on the lightbulb to reveal those objects is huge. It really helps to keep track of an objects visibility.

Having just such a tool to reveal added linework, object lines made invisible or changed line categories seems like it could be very helpful when tracking down or following up on those changes. Then decisions can be made to keep the linework in the project or update the model correctly so the graphics can speak for themselves as we move forward. Is there some way to reveal these items that I may be missing besides hovering a mouse over them or is this just a good wish list item.

Mike

aaronrumple
2007-10-29, 05:20 PM
No such tool. However you can quickly recreate the views - that will
"reset" any linework. Just copy the drafted elements over to the new view.

The linework and cut profile tools should be slowly phased out as Revit gets more powerful. Personally, I use both as a last resort.

t1.shep
2010-01-12, 11:07 PM
No such tool. However you can quickly recreate the views - that will
"reset" any linework. Just copy the drafted elements over to the new view.

The linework and cut profile tools should be slowly phased out as Revit gets more powerful. Personally, I use both as a last resort.
2+ years later and still waiting for that power...
I'm setting up Revit in a new office and want to look to the future so that things we make standard now won't be outdated in 2-5-10 years...We all know how hard it is to break old habits, especially when it comes to CAD/BIM software.
In the future we won't have to worry about sheets and hard copies, and the model will speak for itself...which obviously requires some pretty serious power and user friendly tools. So, what do we do in the meantime?