PDA

View Full Version : Attempt to Access File Past its End (Was What does this mean?)

harkeychad
2007-10-30, 02:25 PM
(An attempt was made to access Geels6.rte post its end)

I am using 9.1 and my boss got in a project to change something and when I got in the office today, this came up. It is not workshared and all the files are on my computer. He did however access from a different computer. I ended up making a new file w/o his changes? Not a big deal, but I dont want him to change anything else if this always happens from his station.

Thanks for the help

cdatechguy
2007-10-30, 03:59 PM
Are you both running the same build?

harkeychad
2007-10-30, 04:20 PM
Yes we are.

Kevin Janik
2008-08-23, 12:31 AM
I just had this happen and it seems to be related to a full network that was being cleaned out while we were working. We could save to central fine except one person and then I tried to open the central file and got the error also.

Some at RevitCity noted the following which might be an explanation of why it happens for people that might help.

Hello, not sure of your exact situation but I have some experience with your exact problem. In my situation, or rather that of my students, they do not permit the program to complete a "save" command prior to ending the program. This always results in the drawing being corrupted, and they have to resort to opening the most recent back up file. I am on a very slow network resulting in very slow saves - sometimes as long as 3-4 minutes. If the student waits and is certain the save is complete, they do not have the "past end" problem.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Any other thoughts?

Kevin