PDA

View Full Version : Sloped Walls w/ Diamond Shape Roof

myBIMhero
2007-10-30, 06:33 PM
I am trying to create sloped walls for an elevator tower where there is a high point on one corner, a low point on the opposite corner and the two others in-between (see jpg of sketchup model). I am able to change the profile of the walls, but it flattens at the corners where the walls meet. I've tried to import the sketchup model but I am unable to explode it. It seems that I should create a mass and then turn the faces into walls. I am having problems creating the mass. It doesnt want to allow me to move the corners of the mass as you can do in ADT, Sketchup, & 3DSMax. Any ideas? RAC 2008. Thanks.

cphubb
2007-10-30, 06:40 PM
3 basic ways to do this.
1. Use mass as shape for walls to attach. Mass will need to use voids
2. Use roof to slice walls at desired angle. Hide roof if necessary
3. Use in-place mass to slice all walls.

Take a look at the Revit file attached. I used all three methods there. See which one works the best for you

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-30, 06:40 PM
Sketch the roof by footprint, don't define slope with the sketch lines. Use a slope arrow to define the rise from corner to corner and specify the offset you want. Then attach the walls to the underside of the roof.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-30, 08:07 PM
Another alternative.
Create a ref plane that is the correct slope and then attach the tops of all the walls to the ref plane.