PDA

View Full Version : X-ref management in Project Navigator

richard.71355
2007-10-31, 08:26 AM
It would be nice to be able to manage x-refs directly in PN. By having a nested hirarchy as in x-ref manager inside the Constructs tab of PN. I have manipulated an image to describe how I would like to see it, it's attached here.

stelthorst
2007-10-31, 03:30 PM
It would be nice to be able to manage x-refs directly in PN. By having a nested hirarchy as in x-ref manager inside the Constructs tab of PN. I have manipulated an image to describe how I would like to see it, it's attached here.

Hi Richard,

Congrats on your first post and great idea! :)

Steve_Bennett
2007-11-03, 02:37 AM
osnap.

thats freaking genius. :beer:

libbybapa
2007-12-01, 04:58 PM
Yup, great idea. I'd also like to see "unload x-ref" on the right click menu of any x-ref.

Andrew

kevin.bell.72378
2008-03-07, 02:56 PM
Yup, great idea. I'd also like to see "unload x-ref" on the right click menu of any x-ref.

Andrew

Really, I would like them to add an additional XREF like function to ACA which would work with the PN.

I feel that ACA is limited by the way AutoCAD XREF's work and that users can easily change (**** up) model files.

For instance, being able to detatch an XREF deletes the AEC dim attached to it.

Also, if you use an XREF containing a slab as a subtraction for a wall - it is removed when you detach the XREF.

Also, theres the whole XREF - overlay / attach thing with views and constructs.

So what I woudl like is a side by side "AECXREF" which the PN would totally control.

If I have to reset up another view drawing when some muppet has detached the XREF's ...

dkoch
2008-03-07, 11:49 PM
If I have to reset up another view drawing when some muppet has detached the XREF's ...
Bad Gonzo, bad! Must not detach xrefs! (But I am glad to see that at least some of the Muppets found employment after the cancellation of the Muppet Show.) ;-)