PDA

View Full Version : Reveals in a wall assembly

johk
2007-10-31, 11:36 AM
I am creating a precast panel from a Basic wall. I am adding the chamfer of the panel with a reveal in the Edit Assembly dialog. I have no problems adding it to the top and bottom of the panel but how can I add the reveal to the sides?

Thanks

Jonas

SkiSouth
2007-10-31, 11:44 AM
Several threads are posted on this. Look at this thread and review the ideas presented (several really good examples here). If this doesn't answer your questions, please ask again. THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30154&highlight=precast).

johk
2007-10-31, 10:56 PM
Thanks
But I have read that thread and a few others as well regarding precast panels.
I have tried loading a new custom made curtain wall which is working fine until you need to cut openings etc. I understand you can re-align the curtain grids when you cut the openings. But being structural user I very rarely need to show any patterns or etc on my panel elevations and therefore I would prefer to use a Basic wall that I have changed the properties for to suit. I guess my question is not how to draw precast panels but more have to add a reveal all around the panel from the edit assembly dialog.

Cheers,

jonas