PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Crashing!

ralph.burkey
2007-10-31, 07:11 PM
I just installed 2008 and cannot type anything without ACAD crashing. I mean nothing. All the pulldowns and toolbars work fine, but as soon as I type anything on the keyboard, the system sits for a few seconds, and ACAD just closes.

Any ideas?

-SilverStreak

ccowgill
2007-11-01, 11:21 AM
I just installed 2008 and cannot type anything without ACAD crashing. I mean nothing. All the pulldowns and toolbars work fine, but as soon as I type anything on the keyboard, the system sits for a few seconds, and ACAD just closes.

Any ideas?

-SilverStreak

Welcome to AUGI
I have never heard of this problem, do you have the service pack installed, or any hot fixes that may apply?

2007-11-01, 11:26 AM
Sounds like you have a problem with your Command Line pane, have you tried turning Dynamic Input on and off? Also, try hiding the command line and turning it back on, it may clear something that is stuck in memory.

Does sound like a rogue install though, if nothing works, reinstall. As it's a fairly new install, you shouldn't lose much setup.

ralph.burkey
2007-11-01, 07:08 PM
Actually, I found out what happened, sort of. I somehow corrupted my acad.cui file. Whenever I loaded one called acad.bak.cui that I found in the same directory, it would work. Then, I loaded the company cui file, and it would still work. But the pulldowns across the top of the screen were not in the order I like them, so I unloaded the company cui, and my problem started again.

I finally got everything loaded today, and I'm not messing with it!

This is particularly frustrating, because 2000i and 2004 had a second page to the menuload command that let you manipulate the pulldowns. Apparently that's gone in 2008.

Oh well. I suppose all those programmers at autodesk can't be wrong!

Ed Jobe
2007-11-01, 07:35 PM
This is particularly frustrating, because 2000i and 2004 had a second page to the menuload command that let you manipulate the pulldowns. Apparently that's gone in 2008.Not so. Right click on a toolbar and then Customize... In the left pane, expand the workspace. Then in the right side, expand the menus section and just drag the menus where you want them.

ralph.burkey
2007-11-01, 08:18 PM
Thanks anyway, but since I've got it up and running, I think I'll just leave it alone for now.

Besides, I did as you said, and the ACAD.cui doesn't show in any of the menu lists. My company menu seems to be dominant.

If I type cuiload at the command line, it shows the acad menu loaded first, then followed by the others, but the Customize routine doesn't seem to give me the option you spoke of.

Thanks anyway.

-SilverStreak