PDA

View Full Version : Reuse Table in Tool Palettes

Jack Cheong
2007-11-04, 05:05 AM
I'm using ACAD 2008
Copy a table 10x9 from a drawing to Tool Palettes
If I want to change it to the different number of columns & rows, if only can be more than the oriigin table I copy, but not less than the original one (I right-click on the table - Properties, and change the number of row and column)
Anyone one has a idea how to change it to the smaller number and make it work like a normal table
Thanks!

Jack Cheong

Jack Cheong
2007-11-07, 04:50 AM
I'm using ACAD 2008
Copy a table 10x9 from a drawing to Tool Palettes
If I want to change it to the different number of columns & rows, if only can be more than the oriigin table I copy, but not less than the original one (I right-click on the table - Properties, and change the number of row and column)
Anyone one has a idea how to change it to the smaller number and make it work like a normal table
Thanks!

Jack Cheong

No one has the same experience?
Anything I did it wrong? Can any expert try out and let me know, is it I did something wrong or it should be more than the original table
thx

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-07, 03:22 PM
No one has the same experience?
Anything I did it wrong? Can any expert try out and let me know, is it I did something wrong or it should be more than the original table
thx

I don't normally use the tool palettes like that.but I have looked at this some. The amount of rows and columns when decreased show only the outer border of the table. I can increase them , however, the additional rows and columns cells don't match the size of the original cells or have the formulas, fields (other words the new cells don't match the old ones). So I don't see the benefit of using the table that way unless you need the same amount of rows and columns (it will hold formula, field etc.) but then again you can keep a wblock of a table and insert and edit when you need to.

I don't know if this is working right or if its a bug. I was using Civil 3D 2008 w/ SP2. for my testing.

oria.ingen
2007-11-12, 08:37 PM
I think it is able to define a table style and insert one when you need, that allows yuo to elect the number of rows and columns.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-12, 09:04 PM
I think it is able to define a table style and insert one when you need, that allows yuo to elect the number of rows and columns.

you can do that from the regular "Table" command

robert.1.hall72202
2007-11-13, 02:37 PM
I have a few tables on my palette as blocks.
Would that do what you want?

Jack Cheong
2007-11-14, 01:10 PM
I have a few tables on my palette as blocks.
Would that do what you want?

Can I hve a look of them?
Pls send to jack_fs2002@yahoo.com.sg
thx n best rgds

Jack Cheong