PDA

View Full Version : DTEXT and MTEXT command stops working

Coolmo
2007-11-05, 12:50 PM
Anybody else get this problem? I have no idea when or why this stops working but for some reason, in any random drawing (i.e. not a particular drawing) and at any random time, when I type the commands DTEXT or MTEXT the command line prompts do not follow. It simply goes back to the command prompt as if no command was typed at all. When you get out of the drawing and get back in it all works again. Any ideas?

ccowgill
2007-11-06, 12:47 PM
Anybody else get this problem? I have no idea when or why this stops working but for some reason, in any random drawing (i.e. not a particular drawing) and at any random time, when I type the commands DTEXT or MTEXT the command line prompts do not follow. It simply goes back to the command prompt as if no command was typed at all. When you get out of the drawing and get back in it all works again. Any ideas?

if you are in version 2007 and below, if you type in assist, it might fix the problem you are describing. if you are in 2008, you are out of luck

mom of 3
2007-11-06, 01:27 PM
I've had that happen randomly on other commands, too. just out of the blue, for no reason, I will type, say XR, or even click the OPEN button, & it just acts as if nothing happened - the command line just looks at me. I assumed it was my computer, so I close & repoen a session, & everything works just fine.
that is in my 2006 version - I have not run across it in 2008 yet.

what does assist do?

ccowgill
2007-11-06, 03:07 PM
what does assist do?

I think it pops up a window that you can just close, but some how it reinitialized all those commands that stopped working.

mom of 3
2007-11-06, 04:44 PM
I think it pops up a window that you can just close, but some how it reinitialized all those commands that stopped working.
how weird..........I'll have to write that down for the next time it happens, which I'm sure will be sometime today.
thanks!

Coolmo
2007-11-09, 09:14 PM
ASSIST is a help dialog that explains and helps you with the current command as you type it... if the window is up of course. Fortunately/unfortunately I haven't had the problem since I posted the question so I haven't had a chance to use it yet.