PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Filled Region?

Liz437
2007-11-05, 02:00 PM
Is there any way to make a translucent region?

I am trying to mask out a portion of an elevation so that it still appears on the sheet but is differentiated via a translucent field.

Ive looked a bit through the forum, & am afraid the answer to this is "no" but I didnt find anything exactly like it so Im hoping there is some solution..........

patricks
2007-11-05, 02:07 PM
I do not believe there is a transparency control for filled regions. You could always just select all the objects in your elevation view that are farther back, and override the element visibility and set them to halftone.

mruehr
2007-11-05, 02:11 PM
well a workaround
put a sheet of glass in front of the part you want to look different
go to 3d view then then View Align Orient to other view
choose the elevation you want
this will align your 3d view to the elevation and give you transparency now you can change the effect of the glass thru Material Properties

Liz437
2007-11-05, 02:39 PM
Patricks- Unfortunately, the elements are linked in & I cant set their transparency.

Mruehr- I am hesitant to do that as there are over 400 sheets in this set, making a lot of glass walls to keep track of……

iandidesign
2007-11-07, 06:45 PM
Translucent fills are possible in RA08. Set the Background to Transparent and the Fill Pattern to Solid. Other than color there is no control over opacity, although you could use a dense pattern of dots instead of Solid and then vary the line weight. I haven't tried printing to see how it looks.

Another trick is a diagonal hatch with fat white lines to fake dashed lines below.

HTH.

patricks
2007-11-07, 08:41 PM
Your first attachment really isn't a translucent filled region, as the lines of the walls are still showing full strength black.

I do like the white crosshatch idea, though.

Liz437
2007-11-08, 01:28 PM
iandidesign- thanks for the tips; not what i need for this instance, but I will keep them in mind for future reference!!

The closest one was the dense dot, but it simply is not clean enough for this purpose.

what Im really looking for is a dark solid translucent fill, but it appears as if that is not possible..........

Thanks for the help though!!