PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Elevation Position?

sfaust
2007-11-05, 04:15 PM
Ok, so I'm working away on a complete re-design of a project I'm working on, and I move the elevation tags in my plan to fit the new plan. Then I go to the sheet and notice that the elevation markers in the key plan are still in the old location... "that's weird" I think, since I know that Revit places the elevation tag in the same place in every view since I've been annoyed with that very thing many a time.

So after some experimentation it seems that the elevation tag has 1 location per view scale. Moving it on my floor plan moves it on my finish plan, but not the key plan, and vice versa.

Anyone know when this happened? One of those undocumented goodies in that last build I guess?

Anyway, Thanks Factory!

patricks
2007-11-05, 04:21 PM
I just tried moving an elevation symbol on a 1/4" plan, and it moved it to the same place on a 1/8" plan, as well.

So what you're experiencing didn't work on my end.

sfaust
2007-11-05, 04:28 PM
hm. that's weird. I assume you're on the latest build...

I will have to experiment more I guess. Autodesk? what's the deal?

patricks
2007-11-05, 04:50 PM
well I'm currently on the June 7th build, but I'm about to install the latest and see what happens. :)

patricks
2007-11-05, 05:08 PM
nope, 20070810 installed and it still moves the elevation in both view scales.

I also moved the elevation mark in a 1" = 10' site plan view, and the mark also moved in my 1/8" and 1/4" plans, just like it always has.

Are you sure you didn't place the marks on the key plan using the Reference Other View option? If that was the case then those can move independent of where the actual elevation marks are located on other views.

sfaust
2007-11-05, 06:58 PM
argh, I think you're right. It's been so long since I made them that I forgot I put them in that way. Well it was fun while it lasted :(.

Sorry.

clay_hickling
2008-01-10, 05:32 AM
I also moved the elevation mark in a 1" = 10' site plan view, and the mark also moved in my 1/8" and 1/4" plans, just like it always has.

So what if you do not want the above to happen?

patricks
2008-01-10, 01:20 PM
So what if you do not want the above to happen?

Then you would need to place elevations using "Reference Other View" in order to be able to move the elevation marks independent of other elevation marks referencing the same view.

If you have a small-scale key plan, and your normal elevation marks end up overlapping the building, then you could hide the normal marks and then place new ones in that view only using Reference Other View. That way you could move the elevation marks farther away from the building in the small scale view to make sure everything reads clearly.