PDA

View Full Version : RomanS vs romans.shx

darthyoga
2007-11-06, 10:24 PM
I have a table which is linked to an excel file that is saved with the RomanS font style. I need to convert that the the Autocad version of romans so the text will plot properly.
The mtext editor loads both "romans" onts styles but I have too many tables boxes to go into each individually and change them all. Can I do this globally?

ANybody have any hints? I have tried fontalt and fontmap as well as reloading table styles but the table defaults back to its Excel format. (very frustrating) if I save, close then reopen the file it is like the formatting went loopy.

ccowgill
2007-11-06, 11:18 PM
I have a table which is linked to an excel file that is saved with the RomanS font style. I need to convert that the the Autocad version of romans so the text will plot properly.
The mtext editor loads both "romans" onts styles but I have too many tables boxes to go into each individually and change them all. Can I do this globally?

ANybody have any hints? I have tried fontalt and fontmap as well as reloading table styles but the table defaults back to its Excel format. (very frustrating) if I save, close then reopen the file it is like the formatting went loopy.

you could try this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=706512#post706512) and see if it does what you need. it is supposed to strip the table text to its default style

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-07, 04:32 PM

With Excel linked Tables in 2008, right click on a cell in the table, pick Data Links>>>>
Edit Data Link "Name of Data LInk". In the data link editor under "Cell Content" uncheck "convert data types to text" and under "Cell Formatting" uncheck "Use Excel Formatting" (these are on the right hand side if you do not see them click on the ">" at the bottom right hand corner next to the help button. this will expand the box). when the values set are right hit ok. then click on the table or highlight all cells, right-click and pick "Remove All Property Overrides". this will allow the table style in AutoCAD to have control.

To edit globally highlight all the CELLS in the Table (NOT the whole table). right click then choose properties or any other command under right click

Hope this helps

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-07, 04:48 PM
you could try this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=706512#post706512) and see if it does what you need. it is supposed to strip the table text to its default style

AutoCAD does this without a macro.

darthyoga
2007-11-07, 05:41 PM
With Excel linked Tables in 2008, right click on a cell in the table, pick Data Links>>>>
Edit Data Link "Name of Data LInk". In the data link editor under "Cell Content" uncheck "convert data types to text" and under "Cell Formatting" uncheck "Use Excel Formatting" (these are on the right hand side if you do not see them click on the ">" at the bottom right hand corner next to the help button. this will expand the box). when the set are right hit ok. then click on the table or highlight all cells, right-click and pick "Remove All Property Overrides". this will allow the table style in AutoCAD to have control.

To edit globally highlight all the CELLS in the Table (NOT the whole table). right click then choose properties or any other command under right click

Hope this helps

You are the greatest person who has ever lived on the face of the planet, a king among men, a leader and bringer of peace to my cubicle.
Thank you so much!

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-11-07, 05:53 PM
You are the greatest person who has ever lived on the face of the planet, a king among men, a leader and bringer of peace to my cubicle.
Thank you so much!

your welcome

Glad I could help

crystalp
2009-01-09, 10:11 PM
Capt. Computer Crasher

This just helped me out too! You Rock.

TSchollaardt
2024-01-04, 04:49 PM
When I do this the merging in excel does not work anymore. So any merged cells I have have to be remerged every time I update the table. Is there any way to change this format without clicking, do not use excel formatting? Thanks!

Ed Jobe
2024-01-04, 06:04 PM
Are you having a problem with romans font? Excel will only have romans.ttf, not shx. It looks like the ttf version uses pen 0 for the line width. Can you just use a font similar to romans? I have Romans_IV25.ttf.

TSchollaardt
2024-01-05, 04:01 PM
Hi, Even if I use the Romans_IV25.ttf it seems really light.

Ed Jobe
2024-01-05, 05:55 PM
Ok, but the point is that you can choose another font so that you don't have to turn off excel formatting. The S in RomanS stands for serif. There's lot's of other fonts with serifs that you can choose from.