PDA

View Full Version : Mansard roof - how?

barathd
2004-08-17, 10:07 PM
Here is a jpeg image of a roof I created in Sketchup (5 Minutes). If you look closely you can see the roof slopes front to back maintaining a constant elevation at the outside edges - with a slight variation based on a graduating grade on the front side. How can this be done in Revit in real time?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dick Barath

beegee
2004-08-17, 10:17 PM
There is a tutorial on creating mansard roofs, which should put you on the right track. ( Working with Building Components / Roofs )

Mitering the junction of the mansard roof can be tricky. There is some discussion about that in this thread. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3884&highlight=mansard)

barathd
2004-08-17, 10:23 PM
BeeGee:

Thanks again. Don't suppose I could bring the "roof" in from Sketchup and assign Roof properties to it within Revit? I'm sure thats wishfull thinking. But what about adding poching, etc. in elevation views?

Regards

Dick Barath

aaronrumple
2004-08-17, 10:24 PM
No big whoop. Revit 5 min. + coffee break. This should get you started.

barathd
2004-08-17, 10:29 PM
Aaron:

Just what I was looking for - seems to be relatively straight forward.

Thanks

Dick Barath

aaronrumple
2004-08-17, 10:51 PM
Now if I wanted to take a minute to figure the slope front to back it could be even simpler. Sketch the outline and just specify different negative slopes for the edges. Actually that was the first type of roof I did when I started with Revit - I thought I could break it by using a negative number to slope the roof inward. Didn't break - Roof sloped in just fine.