PDA

View Full Version : step mark

Wagurto
2004-08-18, 01:06 AM
I have created a step mark that I use to mark changes on floor elevation I would like to use this family but have the option to change the value of the mark for example change the 4" to 6 or 5" or whatever it is need it?
I have used the detail component templete to create it I didnt find a label family in there any suggestions thanks

Mr Spot
2004-08-18, 01:59 AM
Okay. Just had a fiddle and got it to work.

First, create an annotation symbol with an instance text label.

Now load it into your detail component family and place in the appropriate area.

Now add a text instance parameter for the text (4" for example).

Select the annotation symbol and go to its properties and link its value to the newly created parameter.

Save and there you go...

Wagurto
2004-08-19, 03:09 AM
Thanks Chris, I see there is a lot more than I expected to do something rather simple. Do you where can I find more information about this thread? I followed all the families tutorials but nothing like I am trying to do.
Thanks

BomberAIA
2004-08-19, 12:44 PM
I created different step marks for each one. Then I dimension it in the plan.

Wagurto
2004-08-19, 03:34 PM
Bomber:
Nice fonts in your dimensions which one is it?

J. Grouchy
2004-08-19, 05:41 PM
Bomber:
Nice fonts in your dimensions which one is it?

It's funny, 'cause since moving over to Revit, our firm has decided that we no longer like the look of the "hand written" type fonts and are now using primarily Arial Narrow. I

BomberAIA
2004-08-19, 08:15 PM
The font is Heavy Hand.

mlgatzke
2004-08-20, 03:38 AM
Wagurto, I think this should go into the Tips & Tricks forum. I never thought of doing this to get a Detail Object that is parametrically controlled. Very cool.