PDA

View Full Version : hide block's attributes

cwjean76
2007-11-09, 07:07 PM
I just received a drawing from an architect that has blocks of doors with their attribute tags showing. Apparently, it's a numbering system he uses for his doors. Is there a way to simply turn off those tags? I do not want to have to explode them just to get rid if the text.

cwjean76
2007-11-09, 07:09 PM
let me be more specific...it is simply the values of the tags that i would like to turn off. Should I simply redefine the block in the drawing?

BrenBren
2007-11-09, 07:12 PM
let me be more specific...it is simply the values of the tags that i would like to turn off. Should I simply redefine the block in the drawing?

You could redefine the block and put those attributes on a layer that doesn't plot, or a layer you can turn off. I think, but I might be wrong, that you can do this with BATTMAN

cwjean76
2007-11-09, 07:17 PM
You could redefine the block and put those attributes on a layer that doesn't plot, or a layer you can turn off. I think, but I might be wrong, that you can do this with BATTMAN

Thanks. That was it. I wasn't familiar with that command.

BrenBren
2007-11-09, 08:16 PM
Thanks. That was it. I wasn't familiar with that command.

Glad I could help; make sure you use the SYNC tool in BATTMAN after you are done to make sure it hits all the blocks.