PDA

View Full Version : Symbols in Schedules?

bskripac
2007-11-12, 02:17 PM
Is it possible to have a symbol be placed in a schedule? I am working on setting up a door hardware schedule for our office and the question can up asking if in the schedule/matrix there could just be a dot in the column for certain categories? I realize if I create a Yes/No Parameter it will show either of those words in the final schedule, but it would be great if I could change how the actual schedule on the sheet was representing those items. Does anybody know if this is possible?

jcoe
2007-11-12, 02:44 PM
Currently you cannot mix schedules and symbols together. You could however, place the symbols next to or on a schedule on a sheet and group them together. This situation is not ideal, but I think it would accomplish what you are looking for.

bskripac
2007-11-12, 03:23 PM
Symbol was probably a bad choice of words...I was thinking more of can I fill the area of the schedule with a filled circle or a blacked out square, something like that. Right now we are just using and "X" and wanted to look at something that was more like our Excel or Word Documents

DaveP
2007-11-12, 04:30 PM
I you use a Text field, you can use the Winows Character map to get at the upper ASCII characters. Try Start...All Programs...Accessories...System Tools...Character Map. You can select special characters like filled circles, boxes, diamonds and triangles.
●■□◊▲

My only cautions are that you should:
1.) Stick with Arial as you font. If you use special fonts others may not have it & the characters won't print.
2.) You can'y change the size of the characters. It uses the same font & font size as the rest of your schedule.
3.) Make sure all of your printers print these characters properly.
4.) Check what these charaters look like in the Element Properties box on different PCs. We found a bunch of characters that printed great, but Revi does something funky in the Properties box and every one of our nice characters looked like an open box. We couldn't tell the difference, and thus couldn't do mass changes from the Project Browser...Properties.

bskripac
2007-11-12, 04:45 PM
Excellent, thanks for the tip. I will check into that and test it out!

yanyan77
2009-05-29, 07:35 PM
But if it is a triangle with number in it?

nancy.mcclure
2009-05-30, 01:20 AM
yanyan,

See jcoe's comment above about applying a symbol onto the schedule view on the sheet. It's a manual process, and can't be modified in sync with the schedule data, so you'd have to monitor/manage it whenever the schedule order changes...