PDA

View Full Version : Stray CAD files in Revit

bskripac
2007-11-12, 05:08 PM
I have noticed that there are some existing CAD files that were imported into my project that are still showing up in Visibility Graphics after they have been deleted form the project. I can seem to purge them from the model, is there any way to get rid of these items?

patricks
2007-11-12, 07:24 PM
Seems like I remember asking about this once before, and I don't think there is a solution. If there was I don't remember it.

steve922542
2007-11-12, 07:49 PM
I have noticed that there are some existing CAD files that were imported into my project that are still showing up in Visibility Graphics after they have been deleted form the project. I can seem to purge them from the model, is there any way to get rid of these items?

Do you want to try posting it? I use CAD files extensively but haven't yet run into this glitch.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-11-13, 03:52 AM
Any chance they were used as a reference sketch in a family that's still in the project?

rkitect
2007-11-13, 04:36 AM
bsk,

I have had this problem in some of my recent projects. I have found that the DWGs have been Hidden using the 'HH' or 'Hide Element' tool. You'll need to go to each view (beginning with the ones you would suspect having DWGs used for sketch backgrounds) and use the 'Reveal Hidden Objects' tooll to see if they have been hidden this way. I have lost about 30mb of file weight doing this on some projects. It gets annoying, especially since it's all out of office consultants doing this. You really have to stay on top of imports to make sure they are deleted the momeent they are no longer being used.

Let me know if this helps.

truevis
2007-11-13, 04:57 AM
http://www.revittools.info
has a DWG zapper API thing. Don't know if there's a similar freeware version around.