PDA

View Full Version : Find and Replace tool.

david_peterson
2007-11-13, 10:33 PM
i think it would be great if we had a find and replace tool for text. I know with objects you can select all and modify them. But when it comes to text, when you select all, you get all the text, not all the text that says "Stoop-See x/xxx (typ)" Or if you have beam marks based on floor level (ie b3001) and you copy them to the next level. You need to change them from B3001 to B4001 and so on.
You know, just like Acad can. This way if you call out a detail via text, and you move that detail or change the number you can simple do a find and replace.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-11-13, 11:14 PM
I agree. Search and Replace functionality should be an integral part of the spell check, just like it is in most Windows apps.
In the interim, if you anticipate a note might change you can always create a groupd out of it and then just edit one of the group instances.

sfaust
2007-11-14, 12:08 AM
should be integral, but if you look on the forum, Danny P. has created a find and replace utility via the API...

david_peterson
2007-11-14, 03:18 PM
I agree. Search and Replace functionality should be an integral part of the spell check, just like it is in most Windows apps.
In the interim, if you anticipate a note might change you can always create a groupd out of it and then just edit one of the group instances.
Our problem here is that we label every beam in the building with a different tag. When we have several floors with basically the same layout, we just copy and paste to the next level. Then we would use the find and replace tool to change 4B001 to 5B001 and so on. So I'm not sure that a group would work either. I'll have to take a look at the Untility mentioned.