PDA

View Full Version : Double curvature roof

rvasilescu
2007-11-15, 07:46 PM
Trying to draw a double curvature roof (or whatever other element works)
I modelled the roof in Rhino and imported it as a generic model family into Revit.
Planar (or almost) sufaces are Curtain Systems by Face. But the curved portion cannot be selected with Roof by Face, Wall by Face, and Curtain Systems by Face draws the mullions (fake standing seams) straight.
Any suggestions ?

fernando
2007-11-15, 09:38 PM
The Rino Model is a Solid Object?
Create a MASS family and import the model there, then import that family to your project and try again

luigi
2007-11-15, 10:27 PM
Trying to draw a double curvature roof (or whatever other element works)
I modelled the roof in Rhino and imported it as a generic model family into Revit.
Planar (or almost) sufaces are Curtain Systems by Face. But the curved portion cannot be selected with Roof by Face, Wall by Face, and Curtain Systems by Face draws the mullions (fake standing seams) straight.
Any suggestions ?

Actually since the curtain system by face works....just add as many curtain grids as you need to show the curvature....I hope you don't mind it being segmented.....

SkiSouth
2007-11-15, 10:31 PM
The pdf does not make it clear what you are trying to achieve. Can you post your Rhino screen shot?

AP23
2007-11-16, 12:05 AM
Actually since the curtain system by face works....just add as many curtain grids as you need to show the curvature....I hope you don't mind it being segmented.....

The problem with curtain system is that the panels and grids are linear facetted. So you wouldn't get the geometry as smooth as the Rhino model.

rvasilescu
2007-11-16, 01:03 PM
The Rino Model is a Solid Object?
Create a MASS family and import the model there, then import that family to your project and try again
Obrigado, Fernando, that's just what i did.the Rhino model is a surface not a solid.

rvasilescu
2007-11-16, 01:08 PM
Grazie, Luigi, but I am actually trying to fake a standing seam roof. That doesn't have transversal ribs, and the "roof by face" doesn't work.

rvasilescu
2007-11-16, 01:30 PM
Thanks, i was afraid this is the answer. Hal was telling me in a soft vvoice : "you are not authorized to do that". I also sent a service request to Autodesk.
And did anybody try to draw as much as a barrel-vault skylight ?