PDA

View Full Version : What stops journals running??

Martin P
2004-08-18, 03:20 PM
Having had a crash I had tried to run the journal to recover, it entered interactive mode quite quickly. I just wondered if there are many know things you do that cause this?

sbrown
2004-08-18, 03:46 PM
Did run the journal with your crashed file or with a backup renamed. The journal needs to start with your project in the exact state it was in when you opened revit that session.

Other things are opening families and saving(they will no longer be in the same state as when the journal was written).

Opening other projects.

Thats about it.

I've had journals redo 3-4 hours worth of work as long as you have a backup file that is where you started that session/journal, they usually run well. They usually only stop when you accessed data outside the project.

They probably wouldn't work at all on a worksets project.

Martin P
2004-08-19, 07:22 AM
I did start with right one - as I hadnt saved at all !!!, it goes for about a minute then goes to interactive. I had a look though it it appears there was some sort of error message at that point though I dont remember it. - I have come across the outside data one before, (pasting text etc) - never thought about the families either, youd have to move or rename all of them..... thanks for the pointers scott.

What happened was my license grace period had expired I think at that point? I knew it was going to, but thought I would be clever and carry on working and just run the journal - seems i wasnt so clever! never mind, re did it last night anyway.