PDA

View Full Version : Revit for pure drafting???

WolffG
2004-08-18, 04:49 PM
I'm a consultant om a set of roof jobs for another firm. it involves roof work only.
The project consists of 5 school buildings.
I'm at a loss about how to set up the project, especially since eventually I will have to export it as a .dwg or .dxf.

My first thought is to set up the roofs with the building perimeter as a wall of an arbitrary height so that I can then use the roof function to draw the roofs and be able to key in details .......or should I just aet it up as a bunch of linework and treat it as a drafting job?

The buildngs are on five different sites, but will use the same set of details. What's the best way to set up the drawings........one plan view with all five buildings on them or five separate plan views, or five separate projects??

Thanks

aaronrumple
2004-08-19, 01:07 AM
Flat roof? I'd do it as drafting... Sloped roof? I'd model the roof...

If the roofs will be one job with one cover sheet - I'd do it in one project with worksets for each roof.. This way they all ref. the same details and the cover sheet can index all the drawings.

If it is 5 separate projects. Then 5 separate Revit files. You'll have to copy paste the details from project to project. Or you could use a 6th project for the details. Export the details to DWG and link the DWG's to each project. This way, each time you export, the details are updated in all the projects.

Martin P
2004-08-19, 09:39 AM
Be nice if we could reference views in from another revit project somehow, that way we could set up a standard detail file and reference in just the views you wanted, which would update if altered....... if it only contained drafting views it would be quite a small file. One for the wishlist I suppose.