PDA

View Full Version : Any good books about Revit?

cadpro78
2007-11-16, 01:59 PM
Anyone know any good books yet on Revit Architecture that come at a pretty good price? Probably no more than $60 is my limit, but I might make an exception.

I am basically trying to learn the software and just the in and outs of the program for my company. Since are thinking about switching from ADT.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone could have on Revit. Like is it easy to share the files with your consultants who don't have Revit Structure or MEP versions?

Thanks in advance!

Brian Myers
2007-11-16, 05:02 PM
Take a look for Mastering Autodesk Revit Building by Paul Aubin. Below is a link to the book, but you'll likely find copies on Amazon.com and other sites that have the book for less than $60.

http://www.paulaubin.com/mastering_revit_building.php

Yes, it's about a year old, but 99% of it will still apply to this version of Revit.

cadpro78
2007-11-16, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the link. That book will help me out tremendously. It should explain how to make certain families and different types of our company standard symbols and titleblocks.

Take a look for Mastering Autodesk Revit Building by Paul Aubin. Below is a link to the book, but you'll likely find copies on Amazon.com and other sites that have the book for less than $60.

http://www.paulaubin.com/mastering_revit_building.php

Yes, it's about a year old, but 99% of it will still apply to this version of Revit.

AP23
2007-11-16, 06:57 PM
For a more up to date book, check this one out : http://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Revit-Architecture-2008-Krygiel/dp/0470126523/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195239295&sr=8-1

MNsnowtaTy
2007-11-16, 08:31 PM
Otherwise if ur a beginner, then books by Dan Stine will help teach all the basics and you can work your way up designing a small project. It's what I used to learn Revit, and I've taken a lot from it!

Teresa.Martin
2007-12-13, 12:06 PM
Hi!
I would also recommend: Introducing and Implementing Revit by Jim Balding and Lay Christopher Fox. This book is a good resource for any firm wanting to implement Revit.
There are also a number of blogs you can read (Revit OpEd, Revit Familyman, etc. ..just do a google search for Revit Blogs).

We actually do discuss best practices for implementing Revit (worksharing, design options, titleblock creation and conceptual design) in some of our online classes. It is usually a hot topic of conversation. Every firm will implement the software in a different way. If you are moving from ADT/ACAD you will need to discuss workflow as well as front loading/billing practices. That is to say you are not just going to be changing software, you are going to be changing your business practices and perhaps even re-arrange your office. Revit really requires a true team environment. If you have team member whom do not like to share and interface with others, implementing Revit will be much more of a challenge.

Good luck!

Best regards,

MRV
2007-12-20, 01:12 AM
I just got my hands on a copy of "Mastering RAC 2008" and WOW, even with 3 yrs in Revit I'm blown away! This book is current and crammed with goodies! My hat's off to the authors, they have done a masterful job!