PDA

View Full Version : Remodelling

ndousm
2007-11-17, 01:23 PM
Hi

I would like to know how can I use Revit 2008 efficiently to remodel house very fast .

If you have any books that can help me on remodelling please give titles of books on remodelling .

from Samson ndou

Andre Baros
2007-11-17, 02:35 PM
I don't know of any books specifically on the topic, but start by reading all the help files on phasing. Understand phases and the view settings related to phases.

Some thinks we've learned along the way:
1. Model existing walls which you are sure are staying as in-place families, the same for any walls with strange angles or slopes.
2. Be careful with replacement windows/doors where you need to demo one window and put another in the same place. This is one place where you really need to use phases correctly.
3. Don't worry about modeling every existing condition, place photos into your project and simply add notes.
4. We like to have seperate wall types for existing and new to give us extra control of visibility, lineweight, and poche.
5. Before you start to draw, create all of your existing, demo, and new plan views and make sure that the phasing is set correctly. Make sure that these correctly correspond you your levels in elevation.

Hope that gets you started.

dhurtubise
2007-11-18, 12:03 AM
A good book to get started is Paul Aubin's one.
www.paulaubin.com