PDA

View Full Version : Default Coarse fill pattern for walls?

patricks
2007-11-19, 10:12 PM
I don't think any of our walls have a Coarse Fill pattern set to them, yet when I switch to coarse, I see a diagonal crosshatch, similar to what we use for CMU walls.

Is this some kind of default? Is there a way to get my walls to actually show no fill on Coarse views (or solid white) without having to go through and change every single wall type?

luigi
2007-11-19, 10:18 PM
If your wall type has the course fill pattern enabled, then the only way is to change that for each type....I would spend the time to set the wall type correctly....but another scheme is to override the visibility graphics to show a specific fill (or lack there of) for all walls.....but this will work for each view individually and when/if you want it to go from course to fine, then you have to change the override....

I don't think any of our walls have a Coarse Fill pattern set to them, yet when I switch to coarse, I see a diagonal crosshatch, similar to what we use for CMU walls.

Is this some kind of default? Is there a way to get my walls to actually show no fill on Coarse views (or solid white) without having to go through and change every single wall type?

patricks
2007-11-19, 10:55 PM
But that's just the thing, our walls do NOT have a coarse fill pattern defined, yet in coarse views I see a diagonal cross hatch pattern.

Is there some kind of default coarse scale fill pattern that is overridden if you define a different pattern in the wall's type properties?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-11-20, 12:17 AM
If these are 'generic' walls (with the material set to 'by category') you might want to check the default material for your wall category. It probably has that hatch associated with it.

patricks
2007-11-20, 01:32 PM
Nope, these are all compound walls with various layers.

patricks
2007-11-20, 01:40 PM
Here's an example. Somewhere there is a setting because in our default template, a compound wall in coarse view appears hatched, but when I copied and pasted the wall into a blank project, it was not hatched.

The Wall Crosshatch file came from our default template. The wall type is brick on metal studs. The Wall Plain file is that same wall type copied and pasted into a blank project with no template.

luigi
2007-11-20, 01:49 PM
The problem is that you have a material assigned in the object styles for walls, which is set to "Default Wall" and the cut pattern is the crosshatch...

Go to Object Styles and get rid of the "Default Wall" material, or remove the cut pattern of the "Default Wall" material...

Take care,

Here's an example. Somewhere there is a setting because in our default template, a compound wall in coarse view appears hatched, but when I copied and pasted the wall into a blank project, it was not hatched.

The Wall Crosshatch file came from our default template. The wall type is brick on metal studs. The Wall Plain file is that same wall type copied and pasted into a blank project with no template.

patricks
2007-11-20, 01:57 PM
okay now this is very strange. On my current project I set Default Wall to have no cut pattern. Now some of my walls in my coarse floor plan changed, but then some did not. I actually have walls of the SAME wall type, some with the crosshatch fill and some with no fill. This makes no sense!! :banghead:

patricks
2007-11-20, 02:11 PM
Well I don't understand why this happened, but when I deleted the sheet containing the floor plan view, all walls now show correctly in my coarse floor plan, with no fill.

I actually copied 2 walls to a new project with our template, which already has the floor plan view placed on a sheet. I changed the floor plan to coarse, and then changed Default Wall to have no cut pattern. The crosshatch still showed in the walls on the plans. Then I deleted the sheet containing that floor plan, and suddenly the walls changed to no cut pattern!

Weird behaviors this Revit has. :rolleyes:

luigi
2007-11-20, 02:49 PM
Obviously I can't speak for the actual project you are working on, but if the wall type has a course fill pattern, then this pattern overrides the one you have in the object styles....if it is blank it takes the pattern from the object styles (if there is a material assigned there)

Is it possible that some walls have a course fill pattern and some not? Causing only some walls to be fixed?

Anyways...if you are past the problem, then you are fine....

patricks
2007-11-20, 03:36 PM
Nope, we don't have a coarse fill pattern set on any of our wall types.

It just seemed odd that some walls of one type changed when I changed the Default Wall fill setting, and other walls of the same type did not change, and then when I deleted the sheet with the floor plan view everything seemed to correct itself.