PDA

View Full Version : Removing a project parameter value

clog boy
2007-11-20, 02:37 PM
Hi guys, bit of a snagg here.

I created a project parameter named Views, it's of the category Views and Drawing Sheets. This way I can give a floor plan or elevation view a value for this parameter and group for it. My default views and corresponding viewtemplates are grouped this way to sort for progressing phases of the design process.

I made a typo for one of the floor plans, and corrected it. But the one with the typo still resides in the dropdown list for group names. Is there a way to correct this? I know it can be done by unchecking Views as a category for that parameter and check it again, and re-group, but that really is a pain. The list implies the values are stored somewhere, and I need to find and delete the typo-ed value.

Help appreciated.

patricks
2007-11-20, 02:41 PM
Do you have at least one view still set to the value with the typo?

I know when I'm filling in my door schedules, I'll have drop-down boxes for some of the instance parameters like head and sill detail number, and it'll have all the values listed by other door instances for that parameter. If have to change a number, it will remain in the drop-down list until I've changed all of them. After the value doesn't exist anywhere for any instance, it will disappear from the drop-down list.

clog boy
2007-11-20, 02:50 PM
Negative. Everything under the wrong group name was moved to the other group. The value only exists in the dropdown box.
Perhaps closing and re-opening the file would work, but if not that would only guarantee I have a redundant value, which in the end will always work against the sole intention of using that parameter.

I'll give that a spin and keep you guys posted, else it's back to deleting the parameter and start over.

ADDED : saving and reloading doesn't work. However, moving a view to a new group and back again during one session removes that group from the list.