PDA

View Full Version : A story of my un-die-ing love of the site tools.

j_starko
2007-11-20, 05:54 PM
i'm just kidding . there's no love.

I'm having trouble making the site work the I want it to look.

I started with a site survey and spent a lot of time to import the datum points from the surveyor with limited success ,
after that I was planning to use the split surface tool to break it up in to grass areas. pavement, building pads ( another fun tool ! ) It seems that for some of the "land locked" split regions that it's difficult to have two split regions right next to each other.

It gives me a really generic error mentioning that there may be overlapping lines and other surfaces. I wish it i could see what surfaces it was overlapping as it's only the overlapping lines it show.

my work around is to work on small pieces , split them from the main one and then merging them with other ones once i'm done. seems like more work than needed.

anyone have any suggestions ?

sbrown
2007-11-20, 06:28 PM
you are supposed to use sub regions for change in materials. Reserve spliting the topo for areas you want to grade but not affect other areas.

j_starko
2007-11-20, 06:30 PM
you are supposed to use sub regions for change in materials. Reserve spliting the topo for areas you want to grade but not affect other areas.

oh . ok, I'll start to apply that .

but your answer helped only a little bit. some of these areas that i'm splitting off are going to be regraded too . but atleast it's not as many .

this wasn't mentioned in the tutorial i think :(

j_starko
2007-11-20, 10:36 PM
my other beef is getting the error that says.

" the splitting boundary drawn would result in a self intereseion of the surface boundary . please edit your splitting lines to correct the problem"

i'm happy it suggests edditing my lines to correct the problem, but showing the lines in question would be phenominal .

i can't find the area where it would be self intersecting . that part is a mystery to me.