PDA

View Full Version : Select Room Tags on Current Level Only

rganter.97143
2007-11-20, 06:24 PM
We keep getting duplicate room tags on top of each other. I assume this is because of copying and pasting tags into floor plans. What is the best way to make sure I only select the room tags in the current view when copying to the clip board? I have been selecting the tags with the "Select Similar" option. When copying from a floor plan and pasting to a copy of that view, does it duplicate the tags on the other floors?

Scott D Davis
2007-11-20, 06:33 PM
Couple of ways:

Select one room tag, then go to the Temporary Hide/Isolate icon (the sunglasses) in the View Conrol Bar at the bottom of the window, and select Isolate Category. All room tags only in that view will be visible. Select tags by windowing. Reset temp hide/iso by going back to the Sunglasses icon.
Drag a window around the entire floor plan, selecting everything. Then use the Filter icon (funnel shape) in the Options Bar to unselect everything but Room Tags from your selection set.
As you have found, Select All Instances is project wide, allowing you to do Global project-wide swaps or editing of proerties of selected elements.

rganter.97143
2007-11-20, 08:51 PM
Thanks Scott, we will be doing it according to one of these methods now; that should give us better results.
By the way: Option 1 doesn't quite work the way you say: oddly the tags cannot be isolated on their own unless the ROOMS category is left on also.