PDA

View Full Version : phasing and design options...

ntnik
2007-11-20, 07:30 PM
once i realized the importance of the "existing" plan sitting there as a base frozen in time in the past prior to my birth the "demo" and "new" fell into place. I may not use the "demo" plan but change my settings in the "new" plan to show demo and new (if the demo work is light and it is clear). So, I am understanding phases. Now - "design options". I have 3 design options set up. Three 3-d views with appropriate design option shown and Three "new plans" with appropriate design option shown. The project is simple and i'm using this as a excercise.

The practise is going well and showing as i want with one exception....

The existing building is rectangular. One option is a box on the right of the existing building, second is a box near the center of the existing building and third is a box to the left of the existing building ( I am simplifying descriptions here). My question is (sorry for the scenic route).......where the "boxes" outside the building attach and i have to demo parts of the existing building near the new construction, how do i designate a portion of the demo work to a design option? (ie. if i go with "box" on the right, i demo part of the existing building on the right, likewise if "box" in other locations are used i demo part of the existing building nearby)

put more directly, can partial demo of existing building be tied/linked to specific design options?

aggockel50321
2007-11-21, 01:00 PM
Yes

Just be sure you bring any existing walls or other elements to be cut / modified into the option where that work takes place.

In your example, the existing exterior walls that get modified for the left "box" need to be included in that option, and the walls modified for the right need to be included in that option.

You may also have existing stuff like roofs that get modified by all three options. Just be sure to include the roof in each option.

Phasing behavior will be consistent within each option.