PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Boundary

eric.142153
2007-11-21, 01:58 AM
Is there a way to force the elevation boundary to plot? My interior elevations looks incomplete when I plot them out. I tried placing break lines, but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Eric

sccbrown
2007-11-21, 02:10 AM
most people increase the crop region then draw a masking region using wide lines to trace the perimeter of the view then invisible beyond that to "white out the extra"

eric.142153
2007-11-21, 02:28 AM
most people increase the crop region then draw a masking region using wide lines to trace the perimeter of the view then invisible beyond that to "white out the extra"

Thanks for the response! It's the little things like this that can drive someone crazy! There should be an option to plot the crop region. Maybe something for the wishlist.

dbaldacchino
2007-11-21, 05:35 AM
The option already exists (uncheck the "Hide Crop Boundary" option before printing).

ssmith.124120
2008-04-03, 04:47 PM
That works great, but is there a way to make the crop boundary line a thicker line weight?

Also, on a side note, I am having trouble dimensioning to the edge of my interior elevations when the crop boundary is snapped to the extent of the room. All of the dims disappear when the wall is at the edge of the crop boundary. Is there a way to make these dims visible again?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-03, 05:02 PM
That works great, but is there a way to make the crop boundary line a thicker line weight?

Also, on a side note, I am having trouble dimensioning to the edge of my interior elevations when the crop boundary is snapped to the extent of the room. All of the dims disappear when the wall is at the edge of the crop boundary. Is there a way to make these dims visible again?

The problem is that the Crop region won't allow dimensions coinciding with its edges. The dimensions will disappear. You may want to consider using a Mask region. That will also solve your problem of having thicker lines.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-04-03, 05:04 PM
I always drag the crop region so that is just barely shows the cut line of the wall face, floor, and ceiling. Then there is no need for crop regions to print, and you will have thick lines around the elevation.

wblaney
2008-04-10, 09:40 PM
you can select the crop boundary and use the graphic overrides to change the lineweight color and linetype of the boundary. Not sure how to solve the problem of dimensions disappearing though...