PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Phase?!?!

aretap
2007-11-21, 09:11 PM
I notice that in the phase filter settings there is a setting for Temporary!!! How do I make a wall or floor etc. a member of this phase??

jeffh
2007-11-21, 09:19 PM
Create/place an object and use the demolish tool on the object in the same phase.

See my response in this thread for additional information.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71381

Scott D Davis
2007-11-21, 10:32 PM
"Temporary" is not a Phase, its a Phase Filter. Just as Demo, New Construction, and Existing are Phase Filters.

It gets confusing when Revit comes with two "phases" out of the box called Existing and New Construction in the Default.rte template.

Think of Phases of "periods of time". You can name/rename the phases to be anything you'd like, such as Phase 1, Phase 2, etc. Inside of each Phase, or period of time, you can have stuff that is Existing, Demo, New, or Temporary (the phase filters).

In this way, you could start a project and call that Phase 1. In Phase 1, a site exists, so its shown with the Existing Phase filter. Then some stuff gets built, so its shown as New during that phase. The GC adds some fencing that both needs to be placed, then removed in Phase 1. That's Temporary. The Site needed some grading during phase 1, so the dirt moved is considered Demo. (it existed before Phase 1, and was altered/changed/removed in Phase 1)

Then Phase 2 rolls around...new "period of time". During Phase 2, everything completed from Phase 1 is shown as Existing, because, well, it now exists. Some new fencing needs to go up in Phase 2, but it will remain up until Phase 3, so its shown as New. (and will be shown Demo in Phase 3) Some more new stuff is added, shown as New. A piece of the construction in Phase 1 needs to be removed in Phase 2.....Demo.

I could go on, but hopefully that explains it a little bit.

So now for Overrides. Overrides change the way the Phase Filters display the objects. If the Phase Filter has an override applied, it will display as the override is defined. If its By Categtory, its going to show as Object Styles defines. If its Not Displayed...well that should be clear!

Hope that helps! just did this exact demo for the RUGIE users group last night here in So Cal.