PDA

View Full Version : variety in walls....

ntnik
2007-11-23, 10:30 PM
I have reviewed some posts and trying to determine best strategy. Exterior wall is brick, stud, brick. Exterior of wall is brick from ground plane to parapet. Interior is brick is from the floor to above the ceiling. There will be a gap in interior brick between above the ceiling and the second floor structure. The Interior brick will be at the second floor as well, from the floor to above the ceiling.

I can adjust the interior brick in the wall properties (simular as i do at a turn down slab where brick continues below ground plane) but, that only gets me half way home (can adjust heigth of interior brick for either 1st or 2nd floor brick).

I can add a sweep of brick at lower level interior and again at upper.

I assume i can create a "void-reveal" at my above ceiling to structure in my wall section.

In addtion the back third of the building's exterior wall will be brick,stud,brick (lower level) and brick and stud and (something else-plaster maybe) on the upper level. Just stack different wall types there?......really want to stay away from something tricky with walls here.

Am i being too cumbursome here?.......have i missed the button that lets me do this?, lol.

Should i not get too bogged down in the model and just make sure my wall sections pic up what i need?

thanks for any help, hope i have been clear, have posted an pdf

d.stairmand
2007-11-23, 11:33 PM
Just make lthe Ext Wall us a Brick/Stud, Then model another Internal Wall up & Brick. You should be then able to have the combinations as described. Join the Walls & they should heal themselves to look like it is 1 Wall type

Dwane Stairmand

Andre Baros
2007-11-24, 09:41 PM
You could also draw your floor structure up to the stud layer, than when you join the floor to the walls, it will cut out the interior brick. Then use a seperate ceiling which stops at the face of the brick.