PDA

View Full Version : Relocated Project conflit with Schedules with Calculated Level Values

rajan_receptive
2007-11-26, 10:11 AM
Hello All,

I had posted this on the Revit Structure last week and wanted to try here also for any help i could get on this.

A model was built with ground level at 0.000m. The model contains only a mezzanine floor and roof. The ground floor is modelled as a slab and there are pile caps, ground beams and piles.
A Pile Schedule has been created based on this model. The schedule is typical in that it has Pile reference number, Diameter, Safe Working Loads (these are from a shared parameter within the pile family) and lenght of pile. I have also created a column in the schedule to calculate the pile cut off level (this is done by adding the Elevation at Base(toe) of the pile with the lenght of the pile). All works fine and i have a pretty good table and model.

Model Update::
The ground level has now been defined to a level of +8.300m, ok i relocated the model vertically by 8.300m and changed all the annotation families that reference the levels to read as Shared (instead of project). Model is fine and annotation is fine.

Problem:
The Piling Schedule is still reading the values to the old levels, ie. the Vaules for the cut off levels and Elevations at Bottom of the pile have not changed to Shared values. Even if i add new piles they are relating to the project levels and not the shared levels. I tried using a new family and bringing that into the model and that also reads the level to the old (project information and not shared).
Is there a setting that i should have addressed from the beginning?

Many thanks in advance

aggockel50321
2007-11-26, 01:11 PM
Rather than relocating the project with the Project Position / Orientation under tthe tools menu, try going to an elevation view, run a dimension string through the levels and lock each dimension, then change your ground level to 8.3m.

Everything should shift up and your schedule should read correctly.

rajan_receptive
2007-11-26, 01:54 PM
andrewg
Thanks for a reply, unfortunatly i need to move the project as it is now linked into other models with shared levels.
The solution of locking dimensions on elevation would be an option, if the model was not linked into other models.
It seems that once a family is added to a model, regardless of the model levels being shared or project the family level reads to project values.
Regards

aggockel50321
2007-11-26, 03:23 PM
As a work-around, how about creating a calculated value column(s) with a formula to reflect the change in height, and then make the original column (field) a hidden field.

rajan_receptive
2007-11-27, 09:19 AM
Andrew, thanks i have already added the value of +8300 onto the value of the bottom (toe) of the pile - This was my very last option.
It may be that once the pile family is added any values related to that are store to that orginal level regardless if that model is relocated!!
Thanks for you help