PDA

View Full Version : Section view break woes

patricks
2007-11-26, 11:07 PM
I just created a long horizontal building section, and then made a couple of vertical view breaks to shorten the section view so it would fit on a sheet. Now I see that when the view is on a sheet, not only is the pre-highlight box the length of my original detail (way off the sheet to the right), but suddenly the pre-highlight box is over twice as tall as the detail view, as tall as my entire sheet!! That means that it will take extra tab key strikes to select any other views on the sheet to activate those other views.

Luckily my vertically-oriented wall sections don't grow horizontally when I break those to fit on a sheet (the pre-highlight box remains the original vertical height, though), but it's still pretty frustrating.

Of course, this also means that when I open the view by itself, it defaults to only filling the upper left portion of the view, as well as doing the same when I zoom extents.

I can't understand why my building section pre-highlight box grew in directions it shouldn't have when I broke the view into separate pieces.

CADMama
2007-12-05, 10:34 PM
Have you tried to export that file out to AutoCAD? Those boxes show up as very LARGE viewports.
Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this also?