PDA

View Full Version : problem with ramp.

roy.70844
2007-11-27, 10:36 AM
Hello Everybody,

Is it possible to start a ramp with a level platform?

I could do it with a pad, floor or in place solid... but I would like to use the ramp if possible.

Roy

aggockel50321
2007-11-27, 02:27 PM
You can add boundry lines to each end of the ramp, which will extend the railings past the ramp running level. The floor you'd have to create as you stated, separately.

patricks
2007-11-27, 04:18 PM
You can add boundry lines to each end of the ramp, which will extend the railings past the ramp running level. The floor you'd have to create as you stated, separately.

When I added boundary lines, Revit gave me an error message when I tried to finish the ramp sketch.

SkiSouth
2007-11-27, 04:39 PM
You can use a flat surface in a ramp, you just have to be tricky. Make your ramp with a turn in it some where. That will have Revit generate a flat surface line. Now split your ramp where you want your flat surface to start (edit the boundry line and use the split tool, each side. Copy the flat line (black line at ramp turn) to the split. Now your ramp starts with a flat surface. You'll have to edit the handrail similarily, but in addition, you'll have to change the slope property of the handrail to be flat. I usually use the floor the ramp hits on for the flat surface and simply extend the handrails.

aggockel50321
2007-11-28, 02:34 PM
When I added boundary lines, Revit gave me an error message when I tried to finish the ramp sketch.

Just add the boundry side lines and leave them open-ended. Don't close it at the end.

patricks
2007-11-28, 10:15 PM
Tried that, too.

I drew the ramp sketch, and then drew 2 boundary lines coming off one end, one on each side, both in line with the boundary lines made as part of the original ramp sketch. I still get the same error about having only 1 chain of boundary lines or something like that.

patricks
2007-11-28, 10:25 PM
hrmm I was able to get a landing at the TOP of the ramp by simply extending the original boundary lines in the ramp sketch, and then adding another riser line. However, the same method at the bottom of the ramp made it try to compress the ramp into the small section at the end, and have the long run as a landing at the top of the ramp, which doesn't satisfy the ramp slope/length constraints.

If I have the boundary lines extended, or even separate boundary lines where a landing would be at the bottom of the stair, but with no riser line at the end, then I get lines in my plan view where those boundary lines were, but no actual landing.

roy.70844
2007-11-29, 02:18 PM
Looks like I'll use one of the alternatives, not a huge problem but something that could be usefull would be slope arrows or something. Oh well....
Thanks everyone.

Roy