PDA

View Full Version : Phasing & Graphic Overrides

gmak
2004-08-19, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I have some stairs that are in the 'existing' phase. When looking at the 'existing' view the stairs and rails appear fine (with dashed lines for the steps and railings above the cut plane, etc). However, when I look at the 'proposed' views (shownig existing + new), the stairs appear as solid.

Is there a way to get the stairs to appear correctly in the proposed view without having to have all of the existing looking like the proposed (with hatching, etc)? I can't seem to find a way to fine tune the graphic display for juts the stairs.

Thanks.

PeterJ
2004-08-19, 12:35 PM
It appears that you have made changes to the standard view settings (everything on) to switch the visibility of things key V V or go to View Visibility settings and uncheck the sections of the stair vesibility settings that control visibilty beyond cut line. You can also look here at using overrides if you are unhappy with the 'above' line pattern that it will then automatically apply.

gmak
2004-08-19, 01:07 PM
Ah, yes. That's exactly what I needed. I've only ever used the View Visibility setting to turn on whole groups of things, not to get that fine about it.

Thanks