PDA

View Full Version : Revit ODBC and SQL Server

matthewp
2007-11-28, 01:47 AM
I hope someone can help with this one. We have recently implemented Revit into an Exhibition Design environment. We work on many projects concurrently (from 3 to 15) and need to extract the BIM data to ODBC to allow other departments to access it. This happens very regularly.

What we need to know to get this working well is... What is the last command\string that Revit sends to the ODBC Server during an export?

We are attempting to group the data by exhibition (project) instead of have all tables from all projects (500+ a year)

Any suggestions or help is appreciated
Thanks

(this is posted on both RevitCity and AUGI)

GuyR
2007-11-28, 01:58 AM
We are attempting to group the data by exhibition (project) instead of have all tables from all projects (500+ a year)

To customise output from Revit and combine projects you will have to do this with the API.

HTH,

Guy

matthewp
2007-11-28, 05:07 AM
To customise output from Revit and combine projects you will have to do this with the API.

HTH,

Guy

Thanks for the reply. I don't need to combine the data, only capture it on the way into SQL and move the tables to new tables based on Project code. My IT Guy explained to me that if he knew the last request revit sent to the server he could use it as a trigger to transform the data.