PDA

View Full Version : How to customize stair arrow and display step number

Taans
2007-11-28, 10:41 AM
Please help me. I can't control the stair arrow in Revit. I'm not sure whether I see it or not. And it appear in the way I don't like.
Can Revit display step number in stair plan?.

luigi
2007-11-29, 12:24 AM
Please help me. I can't control the stair arrow in Revit. I'm not sure whether I see it or not. And it appear in the way I don't like.
Can Revit display step number in stair plan?.

First question to the ability of customizing the arrow.....NO! you will need to turn it off and have a seperate representation for the arrow....but, please read the next answer to your question for a solution...

Second question, you can display the amount of risers, and their height and their width and other stuff as a Tag family for your stairs.

In this same tag you have have a graphic representation for the arrow.....but it won't be set automatically from beginning to end......

(not basic info)
In our office we like to see an arrow that starts and ends with the stairs, so I created a stair tag that has the riser amount and height with a flexible arrow...but eventhough I have made the parameter controlling the length of the arrow an instance parameter, I am not able to graphically modify the arrow's length...I need to figure out what the printed's length and put that information into the tag (i.e. if the stair is 10' long and the drawing is an 1/8" scale, then my arrow needs to be 1 1/4" long)

If I was not at AU, I would find the arrow I have and post it here......but you know what? I have a copy of a model that should have that tag available....but I don't have internet in my room...I will have to go to my room get the laptop and go to a wi-fi hotspot and upload it....since it is toward the end of the day, i am sure you will still apreciate it as long as you get it before tomorrow...
once you have the family, you can try to modify the arrow and try not to break the constraints I have given it...anyways, you will be able to dissect the family and hopefully get it to work...

Take care,

Luigi

luigi
2007-11-29, 01:22 AM
Here is the family....open and customize it as you wish...

Hope this helps,

Luigi

First question to the ability of customizing the arrow.....NO! you will need to turn it off and have a seperate representation for the arrow....but, please read the next answer to your question for a solution...

Second question, you can display the amount of risers, and their height and their width and other stuff as a Tag family for your stairs.

In this same tag you have have a graphic representation for the arrow.....but it won't be set automatically from beginning to end......

(not basic info)
In our office we like to see an arrow that starts and ends with the stairs, so I created a stair tag that has the riser amount and height with a flexible arrow...but eventhough I have made the parameter controlling the length of the arrow an instance parameter, I am not able to graphically modify the arrow's length...I need to figure out what the printed's length and put that information into the tag (i.e. if the stair is 10' long and the drawing is an 1/8" scale, then my arrow needs to be 1 1/4" long)

If I was not at AU, I would find the arrow I have and post it here......but you know what? I have a copy of a model that should have that tag available....but I don't have internet in my room...I will have to go to my room get the laptop and go to a wi-fi hotspot and upload it....since it is toward the end of the day, i am sure you will still apreciate it as long as you get it before tomorrow...
once you have the family, you can try to modify the arrow and try not to break the constraints I have given it...anyways, you will be able to dissect the family and hopefully get it to work...

Take care,

Luigi

Taans
2007-11-29, 07:45 AM
Here is the family....open and customize it as you wish...

Hope this helps,

Luigi
Thanks a lot, Luigi,
Your tag is suitable for straight one but there are problems with L shape. U shape,...I'm trying to modify it.
The second question, I mean the ordinary number of each riser in stair. Can we tag them or some thing like that?
Thanks again.

luigi
2007-11-30, 05:41 PM
Thanks a lot, Luigi,
Your tag is suitable for straight one but there are problems with L shape. U shape,...I'm trying to modify it.
The second question, I mean the ordinary number of each riser in stair. Can we tag them or some thing like that?
Thanks again.

Hi, I am not sure what you mean by "ordinary number of each riser is stair" Can you explain further?

The shape of the arrow isn't a big deal, really it is composed of lines and filled regions, so you can have any shape you want...hopefully you feel comfortable adding dimension parameters to drive the 3 dimensions you need to make it work.

Mr Spot
2007-12-02, 09:39 PM
I think they mean to number each individual riser... This is not possible, we just place text to do this...

And rather than using a tag for the arrow representation we just have a detail component as it scales with the view...

Taans
2007-12-03, 02:27 AM
I think they mean to number each individual riser... This is not possible, we just place text to do this...

And rather than using a tag for the arrow representation we just have a detail component as it scales with the view...

Thanks Mr Spot,
"to number each individual riser" That's what I meant.
I've used to use text and detail component but I hope there are some "internal solution" as in ADT.

dannycerezo
2008-11-30, 01:48 AM
Hi Luigi,

Thank you for posting your great tag. I'm trying to get the tag to show the tread information as well. I created labels like you did, but cannot get them to show the number of treads or the tread depth.

I added 2 shared parameters, and added them to the labels, but I can't get this to work.

How do I get the labels to access the stair info like your labels do?

Thanks!

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-30, 02:29 AM
This is not a tag, but for those who want to "automatically" add numbers to risers, here is a detail component that can be added on top of your stair. Just pick the first and the last riser. It will add the arrow and the number of risers.

See attached:

Andre Carvalho

luigi
2008-11-30, 01:26 PM
Hi!
I just checked, but the only parameter available for treads is the "minimum tread depth", not the "actual"...

If you start with the tag from this thread, then you should be fine for your shared parameters....all a tag needs to be set to, to be used for a stair...is to set the "Family Category and Parameter" to be a "Stair Tag"

You must access the shared parameter from the tag, not the project...

Maybe you can post more information on your problem?

Take care,
Luigi

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for posting your great tag. I'm trying to get the tag to show the tread information as well. I created labels like you did, but cannot get them to show the number of treads or the tread depth.

I added 2 shared parameters, and added them to the labels, but I can't get this to work.

How do I get the labels to access the stair info like your labels do?

Thanks!