PDA

View Full Version : continue of my design...

timothyj67
2003-07-20, 04:13 AM
okay here is another view of the casework that Iam doing for my image of the week house that is still being finished...
The casework I did, and the countertop stove I developed afyter going to sweets catalog and looking at the 'Jenaire' stovetops..
So enjoy!

gregcashen
2003-07-20, 09:41 PM
Why is the sink blue?

Also, the raised counter is going to interfere with a lot of cooking activities being so close to the burners. For instance, most cooks will actively cook things in pans on the front burners and will put things like roasts and pots on the back burners. The height is going to limit that. I would push it back about a foot.

The door in the background is invisible or somthing...can't quite tell what's going on there.

Otherewise, it's coming along nicely!

timothyj67
2003-07-20, 10:20 PM
The sink is from Kohler.
They have green sinks,blue sinkls,beige sinks...
The raised part of the counter space I noticed will be moved down farther.
And the door should have a bruched aluminum look, but the metal on the accurender is too reflective. So I will adjust it.

I just started a new project last night which is a 1907 style house .
I got the idea from a project on 'This old house '...who by the way is changing hosts.

timothy

gregcashen
2003-07-21, 01:57 AM
The sink is from Kohler.
They have green sinks,blue sinkls,beige sinks...

cool!

The raised part of the counter space I noticed will be moved down farther.

That should help. As an engineer, I try to make sure the function is not lost in the form. A lot of modernist houses get caught up in the right look and feel without worrying enough about the way humans will interact with them.

And the door should have a bruched aluminum look, but the metal on the accurender is too reflective. So I will adjust it.

I couldn't tell what I was seeing...looked like it was invisible or something. I am no rendering genius...not much call for it where I work :(

I just started a new project last night which is a 1907 style house .
I got the idea from a project on 'This old house '...who by the way is changing hosts.

I work in an old 1907 house. Victorian/Craftsman-esque (don't ask, it's beautiful!), right on the river in Northern California. I also work on a lot of older homes. They are a challenge, but they are so beautiful, and they cost a fortune to replace using modern materials.

BTW, I love This Old House the magazine. It always has great profiles on renovations.

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-21, 03:09 AM
Personally, I've always enjoyed the Re-muddling pictures on the back of The Old House Journal.

gregcashen
2003-07-21, 03:37 PM
ABSOLUTELY. Great pictures!