PDA

View Full Version : Printing Problem

Griff
2004-08-19, 01:39 PM
I have a set of 28 drawings in my package. For some reason all the sheets process fast and print just fine except the first drawing A1. A1 takes about 5 min. to process and all the others are about 3 seconds. While processing A1, the size of the print file gets huge (650+ MB) while all the other sheets are processing at 1.5 MB or less. There isn't anything special about A1. I copied the project and purged every unused item out which reduced the size of the file but didn't fix the printing problem. It wouldn't be bad it after all this A1 would print, but it doesn't.

I need to ship out this project today. Any suggestions?

bclarch
2004-08-19, 01:45 PM
You have probably tried this already but my only suggestion would be to delete the sheet, close the project, re-open the project and recreate the sheet. Good luck.

Griff
2004-08-19, 02:44 PM
Great suggestion and I hadn't tried it. But I did find out that for some reason A1's Model Graphics Style was set to Shaded with edges instead of Hidden line. Boy, sometimes you can't see the forest thru all the trees.

sbrown
2004-08-19, 03:35 PM
Typically sheets with elevations, perspectives, and Iso and even building sections can take a long time to process. If the far cut planes aren't set, you should set those in elevations and sections to minimize the amount of hidden line calcs revit has to do.